Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First one...

It's so hard for me to start one of these.  Blogs.  Is it a trend?  Of course it is.  I mean, people of course have been doing this for years and years.  I myself have had something of the sort (starting with open diary of course...) since about--- oh--- 10th grade perhaps? That sounds about right.  Then there was Xanga, which was out in the OPEN.   Dum dum DUMMMM.  People could see what you were writing?  Well, sure, people could see others passive aggressive posts since AIM.

stingray1051: (Away) Sigh.  I wish this guy would call me.  But I guess he's just into this OTHER someone, and not me.  I wish he liked me and not her.  I wish he would call me.

Then later pretending it wasn't seen by EVERYone on your friends list.
Oh I am soooo sorry!  Did you see my little rant?  Oops.  I was just venting.  I thought the computer was the only one going to see that.
Uh huh.  Right.

So then I went private.  Opendiary.  So good.  I would love to get back into mine and see what it said.  I wonder what my little high school mind thought was important.

Then there was Xanga in college.  Oh Xanga.  This is where so many good things happened.  It was where your diary was made SO open for everyone to see.

Then the fad fell.  At least some people tried to keep it going.... and perhaps did.   Then blogs boomed.  In what, 2007 or so?  But then in the last several years people have made some serious money off these things!  Which brings me back to 1.  
(Can you tell I digress?  If you are going to follow me here... get used to it! HA!)

I am not writing this blog for popularity, fame, fortune or money.  That isn't to say, those things wouldn't be half bad of course, but my main purpose here is elevate God.  Bringing glory to Him is my purpose in life.  I love to sing, play music, and participate in things that bring him glory.

I really don't feel like this blog will have much in the way of a direct focus of a singular thing, but many different sum of a lot of parts.  That's who I am.
A Wife.  6 years   :D
Mom.  2 kids.  <3
Singer. Lalalaaaa.
Couponer.   Cha CHING!
Listener.   *crickets*  <--- that's me being quiet and listening
Mentor.   Teaching!
Challenger.  I like to help stretch others!
Musician.  A passion.
Writer. (trying here...)
Friend.  Love you guys!
Foodie.   Delicious!
Just to name a few...

I won't type out and tell you how perfect I am or anything as I sit here with spit up soaked into my shirt from two hours ago I haven't bothered to even change out of.  Or a broken person to start off, who was just redeemed by God and His amazing grace. However, I want to share thoughts, ideas, questions with you guys and I just ask the same in return.
I'm sure this will start empty at first.   But I have faith God will bring me everything I need with this blog.  Even if it's just a quiet sounding board between Him and I.

I love you, God.  You are faithful, true and you never change.  You are worthy of all the praise I can muster from the bottom of my heart and soul.  Amazing, you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment