Thursday, July 21, 2011

Revelation!

Hello all-

Hope you are doing well this week.  It's been a rough week here around the Walker house.  My children have been a big challenge this week.  Yes challenge- that's the kind way to pull it.  My daughter is almost three and she has been going into my almost one yr olds room and messing things up in his room and "playing" with him.  The other day she decided to cover them both in diaper rash cream.  Oh yes... and it took about 2 hours to bathe them from start to finish.  It seemed like that morning all I did was feed, bathe, dress and feed the kids and it was nap time again.  Which was good because my nerves were shot!
Anyways- enough complaining.  I am grateful and in love with my kids; sometimes they try our patience but in the end it always gives us opportunities to show the Father to them.  Our reactions are what they see.

So onto the main event!
So my husband and I were having a fabulous conversation about healing.  We were talking about God's nature and how lots of people see it a little different than what reality is.  Some people see God as an Old Testament God where he punishes and is harsh, turns people into salt, sends plagues, etc.  They still feel it is in God's nature to give sickness to people today.  Which I disagree with now.  Not so long ago, I might not have agreed with the statement though. Maybe God does it to "make us better people" kinda idea.  However, I am not saying if you go with God no harm will befall you.  This isn't true, and is hard to believe.  I don't know how many different times I have read or heard "bad things happen to good people."  Truth is, we live in a world filled with sin and it's not perfect because of the sin we (Adam and Eve) brought onto humans.  So until Jesus comes back and the end times and we are all restored- things aren't going to be 100% until then!
So therefore people think at times that God gives us sickness because that's his nature.  That was his nature (as most see and understand it) before he sent his son, Jesus.  Still with me?  Ok good... then you look at verses like John 14:7-11 and the first chapter of Hebrews.  My husband said "... so Jesus came to reveal the Father."  Then I looked at these verses today and thought again about what my hubby said...

Reveal?!  Last night shockingly after hearing these verses possible hundreds of times- I guess I had never thought deeply about what Jesus was showing us more than any other thing! So that word reveal jumped out at me.
Revealing from dictionary.com says:
1.) to make known;
2.)to lay open to view
3.)revelation; disclosure

  So we can take away from that that Jesus was showing us something that we hadn't known about God yet.  Some things about his nature.  Well lets look at Jesus' life?  What did he do?  Fed people, fellowshipped, discipled, healed, raised the dead and so much more... but in all that at the root of it is what?

Love.  Jesus came to show us the love of the Father.  A side to him it might have been difficult to see in the Old Testament.  A side my almost three year old might not have seen the other day when I took her into the other room, told her she was in trouble, told her why, then spanked her.  She didn't see that she could have hurt her brother had he had an allergic reaction to the diaper rash (we hadn't used it on his sensitive skin yet...). But the root behind it is LOVE.  All those things because I love her.. and my Father loves me.
I love seeing new sides to God.  Just like I love finding out new things about my husband.  It continues to show me that this journey we are on is never ending.  That we are always learning new things.
I love that excitement about my relationship with God.

Well I leave that with you to ponder.  Please bring any and all comments.  I welcome them.  Thanks for visiting! :)

1 comment:

  1. Well said :) My littlest is about to turn two and boy does it show! Being a mom is a blessing and a big challenge all at the same time.

    I was fortunate enough to grow up with parents that fully believed in this side of God. I am thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete