Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Space...

So my husband is amazing.  We have been married for almost 6 years. May 28th.  *Insert loving sigh*  So he has been reading a lot of things by a guy named Bill Johnson.  He is the senior pastor at Bethel Church.
Now I have to digress and say some things about books.  

I used to hate them because in high school they were annoying.  
Then when I started reading in college for pleasure, I liked them.
Then I loved them.  I read all kinds of things.
Then I became a mom.   Sigh.  With this comes almost no time to yourself.  I, even today, was telling a friend how I only shower every other day (unless I get sweaty or gross) because it is a luxury to shower when you have 2 kids under 2 1/2 and under, a husband and a cousin living with you.  Plus leading worship, a small group (with my husband), and cooking and cleaning... and the list goes on.

By the end of the day I am just so ready to not think.  About anything.  Nothing.  Maybe stupid TV or something- but that is about all for me some nights.  Can I get an Amen?!  
SO- Reading has become a task.  Books stare at me, I have a list that is SO long of books to read... I do really want to read them.  But also-  I don't want to read them.  It's time and effort.  Two things that I don't have much of.  I would rather be listening to, writing or participating to worship music.   Or having great conversation with my friends, family and especially my best friend (my hubby).  

So all that to say-  I haven't read as much Bill Johnson as my husband.  But I have heard many of his teachings.  They are really great.   Love everything he is about.  

He is about God's presence.  I actually had the pleasure of going to a round table with Jeremy Riddle. We discussed things about worship, and as worship leaders certain things that we encounter.  I really basically asked him, how do we better usher people into God's presence?  I just want to be such a conduit so that I can give people a way to express their true hearts to God and approach his thrown.  So that heaven opens up and reigns down.  I want God to use the talents He gave me so that breakthrough and healing happens.  
Can you tell I am ALL about this?! But I digress.  Jeremy was talking about how he doesn't know any other single person that wants the presence of God for himself and for everyone more than Bill Johnson. I love that.  Brian had me watch this AMAZING (yes that good) part of the new Bethel Live CD that just came out.  It has a DVD part that is SO amazing.  (Really the whole CD is amazing...) I love it so much.  
Anyways, I loved what one of the singers Steffany Frizzell spoke about this amazing concept here.

If you continued to read without watching the link up there.  Please go back. It's not long.  But will stay with you I really think. 
It talks about the love our Father has for us.  The fact that he did everything he could to get to us.  He went to a cross and paid it all for us by dying and becoming the ultimate sacrifice for our sins.  So now, if there is any space in worship (this is musical as well as an everyday worship lifestyle) between Jesus and us, it is created by us.  So in worship our goal should be to move anything in that space that isn't Him.  Any distractions, sin, unbelief or anything... we should just meet God where he met us.  Face to face and really soak in that presence.  

So that is my goal.  God, thank you for doing your part and coming all this way.  I am going to do my best to do mine and come meet you there.  I love you.  You are my life.  I want to do all I can to show you that.  



No comments:

Post a Comment